View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 05:18 AM   #20
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug View Post
Best band ever=The Beatles.
I understand why most people feel this way. They had 3 of their 4 guys who were talented enough to front their own band/go solo and be wildly successful. What are the odds that you could find 4 guys with that amount of talent in one city. It's truly amazing. (I may be giving Ringo too much credit here, I'm not sure). The sheer volume of hits these guys cranked out is mind boggling. How can that much creativity come from 4 guys? Add to that the influence they have had on everyone who has come after and you just have to give them title of best band ever. I don't even think there is a close second.

That being said, there are a lot of other bands I'd rather listen to most of the time. I am too young to have been shocked and awed by their emergence. I enjoy almost all of their songs, but would have a hard time popping them into the cd player with frequency. Listening to the Beatles is like a history lesson in Rock and Roll now. Informative, entertaining, and enjoyable but it definitely feels like history.

Last edited by SteelBlue; 10-12-2006 at 05:24 AM.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote