View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 07:09 PM   #4
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Rhetorical questions.

You think their assumptions are sure fire? Why did SLC need an LDS church bail out if downtown SLC is such a sure fire thing for developers? Assumptions are always debatable in this context, dip yewt. You aren't showing me any knowledge other than regurgitating the propaganda. Are their pro formas an instance of modern revelation like the wide streets in downtown SLC?
I wouldn't say SLC "needed" a bail out. I would say downtown would have been revitalized with or without the church, but without the church it clearly would have taken a very long time. Office space in downtown is going quickly right now. There are lots of huge projects going on that don't involve the church at all. That said, the church's involvement is desireable in the sense that it gave SLC the opportunity to have a cohesive plan for an enormous part of downtown rather than a piecemeal approach that would have taken years and, ironically, had less of a chance of success due to the lack of an overarching plan.

To conduct the kind of work the church is planning, you needed someone with billions in capital and the will to help. That pretty much left the church.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote