View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 01:00 PM   #18
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

There are no big issues, slavery, civil rights, WWII were fought and won. Now we have lesser issues and a lesser body politic. The bigger issues will be won through capitalism, not through governmental politics.

Politics will not defeat the extremism within Islam. That is the bigger issue but our governmental politics cannot affect a change.

I simply disagree with the role of government. It should be minimalistic, because all it can do is harm. So it must iminimze what it does. However, as a general rule, the body politic is now weak and impotent.

The WWII generation was a great generation. The Baby Boomer generation was blessed by that generation. The following generations have accomplished nothing as a generation and will accomplish nothing, as they have not suffered, sacrificed and received the reewards of pain. Even the limited wars fought now are NOT comparable to WWII, or the great Civil Rights movements. These crisis steeled those generations and developed character and commitment. What commitment do subsequent generations have? To nothing vital, thus those generations will fail qua generations.

That's why India's and China's current generations interest me, as these generations are facing major issues and thus with great opportunity will be blessed with greatness.

That's why I believe our culture and the culture of Europe is dead, due to a carcass of the body politic. Of course, this thesis is necessarily broad and sweeping with little time to flesh out here. If there is any greatness in the excess generations, it will be manifest through commerce, sport or academic endeavors, not politics, which are stagnant and dying on the vine.