View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 08:28 PM   #15
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug View Post
Sure, Democrats need to present more solutions. I will be the first to admit it. But you miss my point. If Democrats were in control of the House, Senate, Presidency and Supreme Court like Republicans are right now, and if they had done as little as Republicans have done with all that power, I would question if they actually believed what they said they believed. It seems to me the true test of one's convictions is what one does when given the opportunity to do something. Republicans have done nothing. Granted, Democrats haven't either (and I have been vocal in criticizing them for that), but they have ZERO power right now (which is largely their fault, but that is another topic).

People may claim to be Republicans today, and I can only wonder why. Forget about Democrats for a moment. With complete control of the government, what would you have wanted Republicans to do, and how close have they come to doing it?

I would have expected open rebellion for such a situation.
So being the liberal you are and admit that solutions need to be presented, instead of just constantly bitching about it.....present some solutions then.