View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 07:02 PM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug View Post
Why not? George Bush is my president and my Congressman and Senator are my elected representatives.

Or are you suggesting that our leaders only answer to those that agree with them? I am sure they would love it if that were true.

By the way, you completely missed the point of my post. Why are YOU not upset with them as a Republican?

You make an assumption that Republicans are NOT upset. You probably draw that conclusion because Republicans to a great extent have not engaged in activities designed to assist the Democratic Party?

You're too bright to even ask that question, so why do you ask it?

In terms of competition, why would even disgruntled partisans give aid and shelter to the enemy, which the Democrats represent?

Did the Democrats aid Republicans in their assault upon Clinton? No, nor should Republicans have expected it. Politics, as well you know, is not about right or wrong, but about perceptions, and battles for perceptions. Once ground is won, one should never concede it to the enemy unless other ground is won.

Niether side has any morality but merely fight for constituent interests.

Of course, many of us Republicans are disenchanted with our party representatives, knowing full well they represent nobody. But the Democrats are our sworn enemies, due to the distaste of the Democrats for capitalism. It doesn't even seem that Democrats want to give the appearance of Neo-Marxism a la Habermas. As long as the anti-capitalistic doctrine is the espoused doctrine of the Democratic Party, I will be its sworn enemy. I just hate the Republicans a smidgeon less.