Thread: tonight's menu:
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #1
OhioBlue

OhioBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tonight's menu:

Fried chicken: brined for a couple hours, then the whole buttermilk and flour/seasonings dredging thing. Oil will be infused with fresh garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme (removed before adding chicken). Deep-fried.

Mashed potatoes--w/ shallots, garlic, sharp cheddar, a little half and half, butter, kosher salt, fresh pepper.

Oven-roasted corn on the cob, in husks, then a chile-lime butter for when they come out.

Dessert--baked alaska, strawberry and chocolate style. This one I did last night, took freakin' forever. Used a mixture of semi-sweet baking chocolate and ghirardelli unsweetened chocolate in the cake mixture (more like a really rich slab of brownie than a cake), strawberry ice cream on top of the cake rounds, merengue on top of all that. Tonight it'll go in the oven at 500 for just a couple minutes to brown the merengue. I don't have any alcohol handy otherwise it would be fun to flambe with some sort of sauce. Chocolate and strawberries to garnish, with a little mint.

Some of the above come from a Tyler's Ultimate show I watched. We'll see how it all turns out.