View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 04:26 PM   #6
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
There are generally three types of players that love BM:
Those who have no business being on a D-1 field but due to "hard work", they start or play.
Those who need a strong authority figure and think Bronco was called by God to be the coach, don't get me started.
Those who just follow the hype and do not know any better.
Might I add one:

Those who are willing to buy into Bronco's vision/system, at the expense of their autonomy.

I have always thought that there are a lot of similarities to my firm's managing partner and Bronco.

We have a strict system and strict way of doing things at our firm. You might say that the boss is a control freak. He is very intense and passionate about the firm and the work. We have had attorneys leave because they don't completely buy into the system, and they want more autonomy.

But those of us who remain, who have bought into the system, know we are giving up some of our autonomy (i.e., educational requirements, client selection requirements, billing procedures), but we have decided that the benefits of working in the system far outweigh the benefits of going elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong about my boss - he's great to work for, fun, and goes overboard making work enjoyable. But to be happy here, you have to surrender a certain amount of your autonomy.

It works for us, too. We are the most successful family law firm in the county (perhaps the state) and are generally considered the best at what we do.

There will be good players who don't buy into Bronco's system. There are certain players who are not a good fit. That doesn't mean they're not good players or are malcontents.

Bronco's system and way of doing things has a familiar ring to me, and I think with time, it will show itself to be very successful. It's just not for everyone.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote