View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 10:37 PM   #9
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBlue
Here's my thing with Stewart: He's too smart, and he knows it. In recent years he seems more passionate about making a political point than he does about being funny. He absolutely cannot let a guest make a good point and leave it at that, he HAS to either a) refute it with a lot of words and large audience applause, b) make a funny face and look at the audience and get lots of applause, or c) make a joke out of the offered opinion and get lots of audience applause. He basks in it, and a little too much at times for my tastes.

It's not that I disagree with him politically that bothers me. It's that he's trading away at times his humor for just being yet another partisan voice in the fray, and that he manipulates his situation according to his rules, his show, and his audience and later throws up his hands and says, "what, you take my show seriously? It's just comedy man!"

it's just getting mildly annoying. But I still like the show a lot and agree that it's the best hour of comedy television on any channel right now. I really like the new british guy who does the special pieces, can't recall his name right now.
You just hit the nail right on the head. If I flip it to Comedy Central and the Daily Show is on, I usually watch for a few minutes until Stewart acts like a smug dick, then change the channel. I dont find myself getting annoyed with Colbert.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote