View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #24
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I've only met one Catholic whom I could say was at least as religiously informed as the average RM. (He is a member of Opus Dei). But that's neither here nor there.

The reasons behind religiosity and non-religiosity are complex. SU has a theory, and that's fine. But he may be hard-pressed to explain why religiosity is increasing among young Americans. That they are more religious than their predecessors. He will not be able to understand this, because he does not understand the pull of religion. It's like trying to explain The Force to Han Solo.

Religiosity is wired into human beings. It is literally written into the DNA and expressed in terms of brain structure.

And please SU, for the second time, do not say that I have said increasing education coincides with decreased religiosity. If I implied that, I didn't mean to. Further characterization of my words as meaning that would be nothing more than childish aggression on your part.

Those that gleefully rub their hands in expectation of the downfall of religion, Christianity, and Mormonism will be disappointed. This, I can assure you.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote