View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 11:39 AM   #14
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah
Hell, a popular second party candidate always screws things up (in the eyes of the other party). Let's just clean the whole thing up, go to one party elections and force everyone to vote. It's worked in parts of Europe, why not here?

I don't understand why people shouldn't be given a chance to vote for whom they want. The fact that it now looks like Lieberman is going to win this thing says something about who the people of Connecticut want representing them in the Senate. Isn't that what elections are for?

Lamont is a one-trick pony. It doesn't appear that there is much there. He captured the anti-war extreme of the Democrat left and rode that to victory in the primary. It appears that that may not be a winning strategy in general elections; at least in this particular general election.

If current trends hold, it will be interesting to see where Lieberman settles. Will he be brought back into the Democrat fold? Will he jump ship to the Rebuplicans? Or will he maintain his independent status, which could make him a mere sidenote in the Senate.
1. I think he will win.
2. I think he will remain independent.
3. I think that independent status will enhance his power, not make him a sidenote, particularly in a Senate that may soon be even more evenly divided in terms of numbers.