View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 05:36 PM   #2
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Might be the first time ever BYU women have made the front page of ESPN.

I have not been able to comment on CB because of the moderation and the limits on my account.
I'll tell you what's a Cougarboard. A bunch of conservative white males deflecting, talking about the victim's godmother as some anti-white racist (may be true but irrelevant; we know what the victim's claim is). Looking for every reason to discredit her, calling for Holmoe's head.

Quote:
We have no reason to disbelieve the Duke player's account. I would assume it is true. Although it would be nice to have some confirmation that others heard it. Is that the case? The quality of journalism in America is so low, that one can hardly expect any legwork to actually occur.

However let's imagine a scenario where BYU officials did legwork, and every student in the student section claims that they didn't hear the use of a slur. I don't think BYU would try to go against the allegation, because that would just raise the issue again in the national media. Best to remediate and have it go away. The scenario of a false accusation is unlikely though.

People forget how isolated the upper Western US is. I had a BYU classmate that claimed she had never spoken to a black person in her life. She was from rural Washington. That kind of blew my mind.
I think BYU handled it appropriately. Demonstrate a seriousness about solving the racism problem first, take her word, but continue to investigate.

Half of CB believes she just made it up. A bunch of rednecks scared about losing power and status, about being replaced.