View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 11:36 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
It's been almost a month since I posted this. Has it been as bad as I thought, so far? Mixed bag I think. Some parts of the country are doing fine (relatively), and some are suffering greatly.

I think we should consider ourselves (Americans) lucky so far, given our utter lack of preparation, even though we were the last continent hit with the virus and had more time to prepare.

I live in an area that seems to have been relatively spared so far, just due to dumb luck. Of being in flyover country, and not having a lot of public transportation and the like.

But it's not over yet. We may have several cycles of this. And then hopefully our situation improves because some of the things previously missing have come into play (testing, PPE).

A lack of a central authority, or at least an effective one, is contributing to the problems we're experiencing.

I have been studying some of the other systems that have been more effective such as Singapore and Germany. Lots to learn. Our system needs an overhaul but won't get it.