View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 05:54 PM   #55
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
A proven successful coach that knows the state, knows the LDS athlete, and knows BYU. That's the appeal. And he is a better recruiter than Bronco. How that translates over from a state school to a church school is a valid question. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't recruit better than Bronco. How much is the question.

I would also be fine with Coach Ken N. if that's the direction they go. He is a proven winner at a place that is hard to win at. His record there is consistent and impressive. There is no doubt he is very good at running a program. His ceiling could be higher than KWhitt, but there are also higher risks. What are his coaching connections with potential OC's who would run an offense that makes sense for BYU? The triple option does not make sense for the talent we have now, and we simply can't afford three years of rebuilding to get to that point. Also, it's way too limiting in terms of recruiting. If he put together a great staff I think he would do a great job.

You could also rgue both coaches come through the good old boys network in different ways. Holmoe and Whitt from playing together and Coach Ken through the tight knit LDS community. I mean, he starred in a church movie.
The Church movie highlights Mormons generally thought to be outside the network.

We did not let Whit or Bronco choose their own staff.

It comes down to this: Which Head Coach is most able to get the elite LDS athletes at the most important non-QB positions to come home?

Is recruiting more important or scheme?
ChinoCoug is offline   Reply With Quote