Thread: vs. Pepperdine
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 07:11 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
Apparently ESPN was also trying a new idea last night by having the announcers doing the game from a room in their headquarters in CT instead of being at the game. That explains why I thought it was the worst ESPN broadcast ever. They seemed unprepared and lost the whole game. The bad audio combined to give it a mtn channel feel, but the announcing was worse than the mtn. The camera work was also well below typical ESPN standard.
I heard this by halftime. I didn't mind the announcers. Yes, there were confusing moments where announcers who were on scene could have explained things that weren't apparent on camera. Like why did Pepperdine get a wide open layup after a timeout (because Rose thought that BYU had the ball out of the timeout).

It was also unusual to not have any crowd noise (at the beginning), and only a little thereafter.

But you actually can learn more about a team with the sound off. Your analysis will be less biased. Unless you are way dumber than the announcers, in which case the announcers will have better analysis than you (speaking generically, not to anyone in particular).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote