Thread: BYU vs. Utah
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #18
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I could see Dastrup changing his mind again before he gets back. After all, he changed his mind at the last minute to come to BYU. That one is not in the bag.

Oh well, it is what it is. Enjoy watching Haws jump shot. Winder's play. And Collinsworth skillset.

Maybe 2nd in the WCC. Maybe 3rd. Maybe the Tourney. Maybe not.
I don't know Dastrup obviously, but I've heard him interviewed. I don't believe he'll change his mind again unless something completely crazy happens like an unexpected coaching change or NCAA violations, or something to that effect. From what I've heard him say, he grew up as a big BYU fan and BYU was always the most comfortable choice for him to make. I think he was just temporarily swayed by the prospect of playing for a Big 10 team, but as soon as he made the decision he wasn't comfortable with it and quickly changed his mind back. It just wasn't announced right away, but the BYU coaches knew about it for about a week before signing day. After going on a mission I wouldn't expect he'd suddenly choose against going to a school that has the most LDS girls to date, but who knows.