Thread: Moving Hell
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 02:08 AM   #30
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Since this thread was resurrected, I went back and read my posts. It's like a bad dream.

Now it comes across as needlessly dramatic. But when I was in the middle of all of that, it was not fun.

I compare it to childbirth. If you read posts from women in childbirth you would never want to have children. But if you read their posts a month later you would want to have quadruplets. I barely remember any of the moves.

The funny thing is that there have been very few moves ever since I was relieved of my calling. I have been to many (most?) of them to help. Part of me feels like I had my "turn" and now it's someone else's turn, but the other part of my is sympathetic to the EQ president. Because I know what it feels like to feel unsupported. Plus he was one of the ones to always help me. So I owe him.

Think of that when your poor EQ president asks for volunteers. He will always remember the men who helped. It's like the Mormon Battalion. Some went, some didn't. The ones who did were remembered. LOL.

Also, I think people who never help anyone move should be the only ones selected to be EQ presidents. As punishment.

Was talking to one of my buddies who was just called to be in the EQ presidency. I joked that he had been called to the moving committee. He told me he that was going to be hard-a about moves. I just chuckled to myself. We all say that. But at the end of the day, when the Bishop calls and says there is a move tomorrow what are you going to do? Say no?

When I think back, I can reflect that I was well supported. Not supported the way I would have liked. But I probably had unrealistic expectations. Not supported equally by all members of the quorum. But that's going to happen. The same few people jumping into the breach each time. So thanks guys. I never had a move that was just by myself.

I brought up the idea of varying the kinds of service. I actually did attempt that. I scheduled a service project for the quorum with a community non-profit. I was the only one who showed. But I enjoyed it and would do it again. It didn't encourage me however to schedule "extra" service projects.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote