View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 12:05 AM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte
Easy. They simply don't accept the authority paradigm. That paradigm only exits in Chatholicism and Mormonism. Just because you take it for granted doesn't mean everyone else thinks it makes perfect sense. It's just a belief, dogma, like all the rest of it. Just because you or others who believe it believe it doesn't make it so for everyone. It's what you believe, so it's so for you; they believe something else, so it's not so for them. You each have your own distinct truth. And please don't cite the Bible to me as support for your belief.
Well, I'd like a non-believer's take on this.

If you are stating that some sacrament or ordinance is necessary, how does one come by the authority necessary to perform the ordinance?

For example, if I determine that an order of the District Court for the Eastern District of Washington is necessary to enforce in Seattle, I can't claim to be the District Court Judge just because I went to law school or just because I decided it would be a good idea.

Apostolic lineage is a rational course of dealing. Now whether it exists or continued to exist is a logical argument.

However, I don't even understand the paradigm that it is necessary to be baptized and to receive the sacramental ordinance. An ordinance requires authority? By definition it does.

I have never understood the answer to that question. I've heard, but still stand there scratching my head.

I can understand a paradigm that says God doesn't need ordinances and neither do we. But once you state an ordinance is necessary, then the logical question is who must perform it?

The Baptists have never given a logical explanation. And no I don't need a scriptural argument.