View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 05:08 AM   #7
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
and perhaps I was the unusually wayward soul in that regard, are you comfortable taking that chance with your children?

My parents were not LDS but never cooked with alcohol. Of course, my mother, bless her soul, was not especially gifted in the kitchen.
During the holidays my parents would add rum to our bouche de Noel and some other desserts. Always made the holidays better.

I don't think your teenage drinking is particularly wayward from a normative standpoint. Other than a small bottle of cooking wine, I don't think we have any alcohol in the home. Teenagers can get alcohol so easily outside of the home, I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make. But I think your position is reasonable.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote