View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #13
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I don't know why it matters to you if it is really a filibuster or not
Because you're trying to make an apples to oranges comparison so you can say, "Look at those hypocritical Republican SOBs!" You get bogged down in lengthy procedural explanations that ironically illustrate the very point I'm making: it's not the same thing.

Quote:
It isn't "whining," Tex. It is simple math. Only so many hours in a day.

"No holds barred obstructionism?" I honestly don't see how you get that description out of what Dems did on 2005-2006 but not think Republicans are far worse (a simple statistics review of cloture motions filed should make that perfectly clear). If 2005-2006 represented no holds barred obstructionism to you, you can't possibly be of the mind that Republicans aren't far worse (at least while still being honest).
This just makes me laugh. This is such unseemly whining in a Congress with 60 votes. Heck, based on what you're saying, you could have had 99 votes in the Senate, and still claim a right to complain about those damned obstructionist Republicans.

It's a convenient position for you to pretend to be in, but fortunately such lame impotence won't fly with the voters.

Quote:
As for "inability to complete major legislation," I don't think you have been paying attention. The stimulus bill alone makes this Congress one of the most prolific in the history of the nation. Isn't that actually what you have complained about in the past? You really can't have it both ways, you know. At least, while still being honest.
The original Obama "stimulus" bill is the only major piece of legislation this administration can claim so far. If you want to hang your hat on that lone achievement come November, be my guest. But you may want to check your own liberal blogs to see how happy your side is about it.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote