View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
No, not at all. Dems have certainly used it to be obstructionists as well. In my opinion, they have also used it to promote debate in the past as well. Even if, however, you think in 100% of the cases Democrats used it to be obstructionists, they used it FAR less than Republicans have in this Congress (a statistical fact), and it is quite clear Republicans aren't using it to advance debate (they often are actually voting FOR the underlying measures once the filibuster is broken). Shelby's obstructionism is just the tip of the Republican iceberg hoping to sink the Senate.
To be candid, I don't watch politics with any degree of interest of detail. I usually just read some RealClearPolitics and some Drudge and leave it at that nowadays.

I have no problem with obstructionism in this case, though I admit if the guys and gals I liked were doing in power, I'd probably be a bit peeved but not too much as I don't even want them doing much. Whenever a bill is passed it usually costs all of us some money.