View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I have no opinion whether he can coach as he's really been off my radar. However, his negative PR skills may not serve him well in LA.

In one vein, if a coach can manage players, then given the advantages of SC, I don't see how you fail there. So if he's competent, he should succeed but maybe not by Carroll's standards which may ultimately undo him.

Pete was a perfect fit, I'm dubious given the negative PR, that Kiffin is, on that fact alone.
I agree. His PR skills will doom him faster than his Xs and Os acumen (or lack thereof).

His brash arrogance served him well as an upstart. But as you are probably well aware, you will get eaten alive by the media in LA if you can't back up your arrogance with winning/blockbuster movies/record sales/etc. Hence, pompous self-centrics like Phil, Kobe, Shaq, movie stars, et al....thrive in LA. Has beens get kicked to the curb.

Pete had the city eating out of his hand. As of now, I am not sure the city even wants to eat with Kiff, let alone eat out of his hand.

One thing cures all ills: winning. If he closes on a Top 5 or so class and then storms out of the gate, the hounds will relax for awhile. If not.....could be a very bumpy and short ride.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote