View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #37
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
They haven't gone to Harvard and the like because of the narrow field of Mormonism doesn't interest those colleges or no Mormon has funded a chair there. Do you think a Mormon funded the first Harvard Hebrew studies chair.

You also no do what you accuse Nibley and FARMS of. As I understand it, FARMS looks at evidence to determine if the limited geography theory is applicable. Nibley would probably accept that concept. Have you read the stuff from the Iceland geneticts program. It's the one that shows a large portion of the now extant Icelanders don't actually exist according to the same type of program analysis that is used to say no Semitic genotypes are found amongst Native Americans? You seem to latch on to the one group of studies that confirm your suspicions and ignore all others.

It's not a question whether you care if something is true or not.

So these lists of persons don't matter according to you. Evangelicals, Mormons, people not at Harvard, Stanford. Anybody's opinion that does matter? Israelis?
So what is this narrow field of interest? There's no observable, physical relationship between the the "Book of Abrham scrolls" and the Book of Abraham. MesoAmerican and middle Eastern archeology have as much to do with the Book of Mormon as they do Alice in Wonderland. What do the Dead Sea scrolls have to do with Mormon scriptures? NADA. There's nothing to study concerning this "narrow field." This is what I find reprehensibe. High falutin pretense at scholarly pursuit when there's no there there. They're studying the limited geography theory you say. You wouldn't fill up a thimble with real linguistic, archeological, scientific, anthropological evidence bearing on this. Unlike the Hebrews, the Assyrians, etc. there's no evidence these Book of Mormon "peoples" even existed. All the limited geography theory is is a retrenchment, a dissembling. It doesn't justify a think tank, reams of articles, a web page, hundreds of thousands of dollarrs a year. It's all a big charade. Really just a big lie. Like I said, there are Mormon intellectuals. I listed some of them above. These jokers aren't among them.

Cheers

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 08-05-2006 at 04:37 PM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote