View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I no longer remember who shared this information, so you may attribute it to nothing if you wish.

A friend of mine has close ties some how with the Controller I believe from California. And he reported that said controller had gone to DC to see if California could (a) become a territory or (b) file bankruptcy.

He determined neither was realistic, but the fact that California investigated the possibilities shows how desperate things are.

Obama's policies could lead this nation down California's road of financial plight, spend and give to everybody that will solve the problems.
This is why Obama will bail CA out with taxpayer money, just like GM. He will call it a loan, and say "in these uncertain desperate economic times, we had no other choice" and then they will trot out some stats that CA pays more in federal tax or something, and then the rest of us will involuntarily grab our ankles and take it.

Because CA is terrible PR for the liberals. The fundamental thinking of a liberal is "pay nothing, get everything." And CA is what you get as a result.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote