Thread: Kiffin to USC
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Overall, I think it is a good hire.

Given the viable options, you have to consider the total package. As mikewaters points out, Kiff has assembled a great staff overall....esp on the recruiting front.

Kiff's main issue from a PR standpoint is that he has annoyed a lot of people as HC in Oakland and Tennessee. When he was at SC, he was fairly low key....didn't speak the press much at all.

Other names were floated out there, but realistically, who was truly available? The Petersens and Pattersons of the world could not have assembled the same sort of coaching staff and are in no way on the same recruiting level as Kiff. Ed O and Monte alone are excellent recruiters, which many may forget.

Today and tomorrow will be huge. If SC opens the checkbook, they will wrap up No-Cho and have what I believe to be one of the best overall coaching staffs in the country.

Archaea pointed out the real issue....how do you follow a legend? Generally, you don't fare well.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote