Thread: Signaturi
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
Valentinus1

Valentinus1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
It's not a term which has caught on. If it were coined in 2005 and not really known widely, I'd say the concept may live in some respects but the actual existence of a subgroup recognizing those defining characteristics is probably overstated.

Obviously many of those characteristics are desirable and the definer doesn't consider the label to be a positive description. To enjoy the LDS benefits one can isolate those aspects which are troublesome to the adherent and quietly shelve them until future date. But to live entirely on the fringe as this person suggests will deprive the adherent of the benefits which the culture may or may not have.

BTW, how's life?
I understand what you are saying. It seems be more of a cultural enigma at best.

Life is good. It has bee far too chaotic the last few months. School became out of control with homework and projects. It really isn't easy to be a religious studies major.

Family life is good. Siblings are great. Mom has gone to church a few times and Dad went with her once. I guess that is some type of progress. I choose not to delve or become too involved with their spiritual circumstances.

I have bought an interesting book. It is titled "Good Without God" by Greg Eppstein (Humanism Chaplain of Harvard University). It has started out well. A professor recommended it to me.

How are things with you? How have things been on the board?

-Teresa Moreno
Professor of Christian History and Ethics
Valentinus1 is offline   Reply With Quote