View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #20
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Ummm, the fact that Hall didn't really improve all that much while at BYU. I guess this doesn't reflect on the coaching, right?

Look at Andy Dalton. Big-time improvement. I guess this doesn't reflect on the coaching, right?

BYU has as good coaches as it can expect to have. It's just a shame that they don't put in the hours like all the other coaches in America. It's late-Lavell and Bosco and Schmidt all over again. Lifers without any pretense for getting a job someplace else, BECAUSE IT'S JUST TOO DANG GOOD IN PROVO!

Maybe a little gameplanning and practice could have led to a won against FSU. Or maybe I am just dreaming.
BYU won 10+ games each year under Hall, who you think is a very average "princess" quarterback. To what do you attribute the wins? You certainly don't think it has anything to do with coaching. Note that during that span, BYU won more games than Utah, and you think Whit is a very good coach. How did BYU outperform them, overall and in conference? Not the QB, not the coaching, certainly not the defense (right?)? That doesn't leave you with many areas to identify for BYU's success. Note that during Hall's time at QB, BYU also beat Utah 2-1. BYU placed higher in conference than Utah twice in three years. BYU finished higher in the polls than Utah twice (and in the top 25 all three years). Say what you want, but BYU is performing better as a team than arguably during any 5 year span in BYU history. Too bad you won't recognize it until long after it has passed. Then you will blast future BYU teams for failing to match what these teams did while claiming it can't ever be done again.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote