Thread: We're screwed
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 03:49 AM   #116
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Virtually every economist agrees that the stimulus package helped accelerate the recovery much quicker than it otherwise would have, and slowed job loss significantly. In fact, the portion of the stimulus that economists largely agreed to have been pointless was the tax cut, which the Dems opposed and Republicans demanded. Ironic. Particularly now that Republicans are screaming that the stimulus wasn't efficient enough.

You are like a fan going into the lockerroom at halftime and telling the players what a crappy plan they have, what a terrible leader they have, and how they can't win the game no matter what they do, and it won't inspire anyone.

It certainly doesn't win the game.
Virtually every economist alive is a Democrat, so bias is showing. BTW, I love this form of logical fallacy but keep it up, dude.

There is no recovery. I love how people in the media are proclaiming a recovery that people on the streets are not experincing. Yes you may show so fancied up data showing this and that, but the man on the street hasn't experienced a rehire or an increased wage.

There is no recovery. Mark my words, come April when we're faced with soaring interest rates because nobody will buy our T bills. The pain and agony has just begun. The spending spree will just cause us to tailspin further down.

Last edited by Archaea; 11-09-2009 at 03:52 AM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote