Old 11-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Just had a "Holy S***" moment.

The shooter was a psychiatrist.
is alive. is a psychiatrist. soon to be, was a psychiatrist. soon to be, in a few years, was alive.

I'm glad he survived. The victims are not robbed of the justice that comes from their fellow citizens weighing in and handing down society's punishment.

Hasan's family must be stunned.

Quote:
As Nidal Hasan's first cousin, and because his parents are no longer alive, I wanted to issue a statement on behalf of my family. We are shocked and saddened by the terrible events at Fort Hood today. We send the families of the victims our most heartfelt sympathies. We, like most of America, know very few details at this time. Here is what we do know about our cousin. Nidal was an American citizen. He was born in Arlington, Virginia and raised here in America. He attended local high schools and eventually went on to attend Virginia Tech. We are filled with grief for the families of today's victims. Our family loves America. We are proud of our country, and saddened by today's tragedy. Because this situation is still unfolding, we have nothing else that we are able to share with you at this time.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote