View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
El Guapo

El Guapo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug
This Lieberman purge is nuts. I can't believe the dems are canning him because he collaborated with the president on one issue.

He opposes drilling ANWR and has been haggling the administration over CO2 emissions forever. He gets the highest ratings from labor unions, pro-choice groups, the NAACP. He opposed personal accounts for social security.

Ted Kennedy sided with the president on NCLB and immigration, yet I don't hear calls for his expulsion.

Hillary's every bit as hawkish as Lieberman, yet she's not getting the same treatment.

I guess a lot of pubs want to do the same to McCain (for equally ridiculous reasons), but he's not in danger.
I don't see the problem. His constituents oppose the war. He favors it. That is a pretty big issue, so he will lose at least the primary.

I wouldn't vote for a Republican who opposed the war and called for an immediate withdrawal. Would you? Take any one big issue and ask if you would support a Republican based on him opposing your views on that issue (like abortion or gay rights).

Besides, now maybe Lieberman can come over to the right side.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote