Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Why doesn't the Y then?
That is a very good question.

Here are some teams that won first round games last year:

Western Ky
Siena
Cleveland State
Dayton

There were also many others that were seeded lower than us who gave their high seeded opponent a much better game than we did to A&M, including USU's near upset of Marquette.

You can try to overanalyze the reasons all you want, but dumb luck is as much of a reason as anything else. None of those teams that I listed above are teams you or I would fear in the regular season.

And even though we haven't won recently, except for last year, BYU actually has played pretty well in their previous recent appearances. Xavier was a darn good team that should have beaten #1 seed Ohio State after they slipped by us. If I remember right, we had something ilike three shots at practically point blank range in the last few seconds of that game that all missed. Then we had to foul and they beat us by 3 or 4 points.

I don't care what Mike says, the streak can't last forever. We have had some teams that were talented enough to win a game. We just haven't had the breaks. But I like what Rose is doing and IMO, he's ten times the coach Cleveland was, although I think Cleveland did the best he could.

Last edited by BlueK; 10-09-2009 at 05:52 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote