Thread: We're screwed
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 06:21 AM   #98
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
Psst. Hello? Kim Clark, HBS Dean? The best economists teach at Business Schools cuz they pay more. Clark is an economist. Bateman himself was at the upper echelons of M&M Mars before BYU pulled him for the business school. Also an economist, MIT bred.

We send someone to the top program, MIT or Chicago every year, which should be our primary aim as a teaching school.

Archaea's next predictable response..."Talk to me when BYU becomes Ivy League."
You don't get it. BYU has some great students but we don't have many great programs.

So BYU doesn't have a name in much of anything and with its student body and potential for endowment it should. We need more Ira Fultons before that will happen.

Bateman did more to stifle true economic freedom than anybody since Ernie Wilkinson with his famous student spy network.

Samuelson hasn't done anything to foster it either.

BYU is failing in becoming a great university which is its rightful place in society. And it's due to the parochial and provincial attitude of its administrators.

You may be pleased as BYU lauds itself, but I am not. What's wrong with alumnae wanting BYU to be perceived on par with the Ivy League. It's not likely to happen in my lifetime or in yours, but what's wrong with that as a goal? I get the idea Samuelson's goal is to make it on par with UVSC.