Thread: Easter
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
I'm pretty sure I complained about this last year, and I don't think it got much traction--even when the numbers of people here were much greater. But once again I'm going to say that in my ward yesterday you would never have known it was a holiday.

We had the same old formula of talks (in my ward that's the newest missionary and one of the new young couples--we have a steady diet of these, so that's our speakers week after week). There was a choir number, which was fine but nothing special. No flowers, no pomp or circumstance. No preaching. No celebration. No hallelujah. No rejoicing. Just a few young people reading a string of quotes after surfing the internet for a bit. Sunday school proceeded as scheduled, as did RS with the lesson on JS as scheduled.

I have already decided that I will start attending another church at Christmas time (based on doing this last year and loving it), and next year, I think I'll start attending another church for Easter. I believe there is a "spirit of Easter," and it was not present in my ward yesterday.
in the Primary manuals there is a special lesson for Easter and Christmas. I do however, agree with your premise. We should do more on Easter than "the norm".