View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 12:57 AM   #41
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Agreed. I don't understand why it would be important to the Lord that the prophet knows the future apostle (Tex suggested that the Lord put future apostles into the prophet's path so the prophet so they would know each other). To what end? If the Lord is telling the prophet the name, why must the prophet know the guy personally? The Lord gave the name. End of story. Familiarity with the individual is totally trivial, if God gave the one and only name that could be given.
Except no one is suggesting that, especially me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
All of the evidence strongly suggests that the prophet selects the name and takes it to the Lord for confirmation, which also suggests many could be called and acceptable to the Lord. I sustain Elder Anderson because I believe he is an apostle. That doesn't mean I believe he is the only one who could have been an apostle. I wish they would look outside the circle of white guys educated in Utah or Idaho.
A proposition that again, no one is suggesting, not the least of which is Neil Andersen himself.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote