View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 09:39 PM   #50
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg
Question for you fus: Since you rub shoulders with some influential Muslim leaders here in Utah, what has been their reaction to the terrorist attacks on the US, Spain, London, etc.? Do they come out and condemn such acts?...publicly or privately? Do they publicly decry to their members against such extremism...or do they remain remain silent?

A silent voice is a voice of support in my books.
I was on my mission when the terrorist attacks occurred on 9/11, the muslims in my parents community, (two families live within .25 mile of my parents home, one family the father is a financial analysist for the state of Utah, his wife a professor, the other is one of the lead engineers for Thiokol, his wife works as a professor and does business consulting, both families live in 500 k plus houses, drive nice cars etc) called together a meeting to pronounce their beliefs, and show how their beliefs ran contrary to what occurred in New York. They were worried about the backlash in the community and wanted to show how much they loved everybody, America, and also their religion. Both families are emigrants families.

The same thing occurred after the attacks in Spain.

This inspite of both families have being targeted by Homeland Security.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote