View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #38
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American
"Behold, I speak unto you as if ye were present, and yet ye are not. But behold, Jesus Christ hath shown you unto me, and I know your doing."

Just what do you suppose the Book of Mormon is? A nifty storybook meant to frame the gospel message it contains?

The comparison of the Book of Mormon to modern times is only weak and unrealistic until it is repeated, as we have been assured is inevitable. It was sure unrealistic that an Amalickiah could possibly show up, usurp a government, and start a major war until Hitler and Stalin arrived on the world scene.

The Book of Mormon is not just a MESSAGE. It is a WARNING, and if it's not followed, it will be repeated.
That's right and it's being repeated right now. It happened during Hitler's age and now the Terrorists who seek to kill you and your family are repeating that. If they had their druthers you'd be wiped off the face of the map.

Mike keeps on making subtle clever jabs about those want genocide and who are for the annihliation of Muslims and the faith of Islam. I've yet to say it myself or others make that claim, though I'm sure they're out there. But you don't see them running around in droves, in packs, teaching their kids from birth to kill, hate and annihilate.

Whether we as citizens of America like it or not, we're in a position where REACTING is a dangerous stance. We must be pro-active on the war on terror instead of making apologies for those small percentages of those in the Islam faith who're wanting to destroy Jews, Christians and anyone who thinks differently. Someone says to take them out and that statement is skewed by apologists.

I don't know the perfect solution as there is not one, but we can't sit idly by, while making excuses for the other side.

This isn't a day and age and this isn't a fight that someone should ever be neutral on.

In my mind excuses for them and stances of neutrality all while deliberately mis-representing others views is a slap in the face of our soldiers and the families of those who've spilled their blood to protect us in this war.