View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #20
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Tex, I think most people today would not consider it a good thing to blindly follow a religious cleric's directive. The mischeif that can follow from that type of thing is demonstrable and historically well documented. I'm glad you admit that that's what was going on here and that's what happens with most LDS members all the time. The biggest protection we have agaisnt a slippery slope leading to Holocaust-type atrocities is not the character of any religious cleric in America but our Constitution and secular ethos. I don't think I'm being controversial or going out on a limb in saying that.
We are so far up that slippery-slope that our butts would be scraped completely off by friction before we ever got even close to a Holocaust anything. Anytime someone like you brings up something like that so casually, it's cause to point-and-mock. If anyone is cheapening that atrocity, it's you.

As for the "blind" obedience thing, I used the words "so called" for a reason. I don't buy it.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote