Thread: Family size
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 04:07 AM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
And I think that children are valued differently than they used to be. There is a tension, perhaps, in the quantity vs quality. Those who have fewer children may feel that they can add more value by investing differently in the children they have than those who cannot or do not. I'm not saying one way is right or better.

I'm not sure the future belongs to welfare moms with 8 kids.
sure it does. In a hundred years, her genetic and cultural influence will be extraordinarily more than yours.

You have two kids. One is gay and other has 2 kids. Those 2 kids have 2 kids. So now you have 2 great-grandchildren. One has 1 kid, the other has 2 kids. Now you have 3 great-great grandchildren. And so on.

Well the lady with 8 kids. Each of them averages 4 kids. And each of those grandchildren averages 3 children. 96 great-grandchildren. Compared to your 2. If each of those g-grandchildren averages 2 kids, then she has 192 great-great grandchildren. You have 3.

But my, YOUR great-great grandchildren will be SO talented. They will be pure delights. But sadly, they died in a car wreck. Your line ended. The end.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote