View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I haven't read the above, but let's just say it is true. Contrast that to how Americans are dealing with shelling in Baghdad per the Cole article. They don't just start leveling shelters and residential areas.
Nonsense. I think the comparison is poor as the circumstances are very different. Anyway, it's hard to tell the truth in the era of manufactured war imagery.

I think Israel does what it can to avoid civilian casualties (they've apparently dropped leaflets warning Gazans about impending assaults). It already is routinely condemned for legitimately defending itself, there's no reason to compound that by actually targeting innocents. But this is war. If Hamas stops hiding combatants and equipment in schoolyards, probably fewer children will die.

Then again, they may just grow up to die anyway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
It just remains be to seen how far the Israelis will go. At what point will it become actual genocide, and how breathtaking will that irony be?
Not that breathtaking. Folks like you have been trying to catch their breath at the supposed "irony" for decades, it's a wonder you haven't all hyperventilated and passed out by now.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 01-12-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote