Thread: Oklahoma
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #7
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I think MWC teams have to play BCS games regularly, but schedule them intelligently. You don't just willy nilly schedule what you can get, in a one way street. Anyone can do that, even Utah State. Mountain teams have been early season home field fodder for the likes of Oklahoma for decades, and they have obliged for the money. I'd work first on home and homing as both Utah and BYU have done with good Pac 10 schools and only rarely schedule a road game one way street. I might reserve that for the Big Ten. I'd never do a one off game at Gainesville these days. Not in a million years. Come play us here and we'll go there, Urban.

HOWEVER, as of today, January 2, it's an open question whether the Big 12 is all it's cracked up to be. Right now, the Pac 10 looks a lot stronger. The Pac 10 has totally redeemed itself in the bowls, and the Big 12 is looking at a potential disaster. This is where the rubber meets the road in comparing conferences. Stuff like Ole Miss v. TT, and OR v. OSU Cowboys. SO this may not be such a bad move for BYU.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote