View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 06:05 PM   #14
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
That is a surprise and quite rude.

Our ward program was choir based and quite good. We have several professional singers in our ward, so some of the music can be quite amazing. As an aside, Sister Gladys Knight is in our stake and has performed for our ward from time to time. We have others who perform in Nashville or in Vegas. And I suppose that is not the norm but it makes for some great music.
Yeah, my wife was saying that she has heard some of the wards in Nashville put on very good musical programs. Makes me wonder why we don't have more blues-themed musical programs here in Memphis. Or even some Elvis stuff.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote