View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 05:26 PM   #13
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
I appreciate your responses. I guess what I am getting at is that I feel a void in my church, even more so as I get older. Christmas is one time where much of the Christian world gets out there and goes to church, and my church just zooms on by it, largely like it's just another day. I guess I'm not used to attending other churches because mine isn't open. If your ward or stake or something had a Christmas Eve fireside or program, would you be interested? Or are you content to keep to your own way of doing things?
I agree with RHG.

Now I hate doing this, but a few decades ago when I was in Germany, I could note that the softness and tenderness which I usually associate with the spirit of Christmas was absent, except for the month of December. A discernible difference permeated the air.

And Germans do not commercialize Christmas as we here do. I appreciated that. The ministers put forth their best efforts to bring meaningful discussions, and I felt better about it.

Our ward does a nice job, really it does, but it is ward specific. Nonetheless I often feel isolated by the superficiality of the season, despite the efforts of others.