View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 05:18 PM   #9
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahWaters View Post
I put together the Christmas program again this year. 7 musical numbers (6 of these choral), a few congregational hymns, 6 readers of poetry, and 7 readers of scriptures. Our choir director has worked for the Episcopalian church before, I think. We had a boy soprano sing a solo on the first verse of Once in Royal David's City (evidently inspired by the Episcopal service) and the choir sang a Christmas hymn from the Episcopalian hymn book.

One thing puzzled me a little. I put a fair amount of work making a cohesive program, including hunting down some appropriate, non-cheesy poetry to read in between the music. I assigned one of the longer poems to a man in our ward to read, and imagine my surprise when he read a completely different poem I had never heard of before. Did he feel the need to censor me?
Sounds nice, more like what I would have liked to hear, although I don't necessarily need it to be music-centered. I guess some kind of cohesive Christmas message would have been nice. I don't know why that person would have changed the poem without talking to you about it. It wasn't Mike, was it?
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote