View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 06:44 PM   #8
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk
By the amount of coverage that every single word that Whittingham utters is getting on cougarboard. Ever single word the man seems to say, brings about page after page of posts. I remember last offseason that utefans.net was overrun with posts about what Bronco or Curtis Brown had said. It got ridiculous and embarrassing. Glad the tables are turned this time.
I am a little embarassed by it. We've coveted KW for a long time. He owned Norm Chow and then Gary Crowton for most of the last ten years.

He was our first choice as head coach. He turned us down. We ended up with a nobody that's half the coach KW is. Bronco appears to be growing into the job but he has a long way to go. But now that we lost him we shouldn't be obsessed with him. That's the U's job to be obsessed with us.

KW will probably ultimately fail because BYU has too much history and resources to allow football to fail, and I don't think a Mormon coach at Utah can be successful while BYU is good.

Utah's standard for greatness is to 1) go non-Mormon and ignore the LDS market for the most part and take the LDS kids that grow up Ute fans and fall in your lap (Majerus, Giac, and where Urban was going) or 2) go Mormon and make a frontal assault at BYU and win. #2 is pretty risky.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote