View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #30
cougarobgon

cougarobgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
I don't think anyone actually believes thinking about sin is the same thing as doing it. I doubt even the yes men on the board think that way.
29 And finally, I cannot tell you all the things whereby ye may commit sin; for there are divers ways and means, even so many that I cannot number them.
30 But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not.
(Moshiah 4:29-30)

I believe that when we get to the other side, many of us are going to be pleasently surprised how merciful God is going to be with us. I do not believe that thoughts and actions are on the same level of "unrighteousness". However, continously entertaining "unrighteous" thoughts can lead an individual to commit that action, hence, the warning from the Lord "watch your thoughts". Personally, the consequences of entertaining "unrighteous thoughts" prevents me from fully experiencing the influence of the Spirit in my life.
cougarobgon is offline   Reply With Quote