View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #22
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Coaches Circle is the fund set up by the AD to pay our coaches as close to market value as possible, but with the directive to never pay excessively....that is determined on a case by case. BYU wants to stay competitive with its salaries, but will never pay coaches on par with the top BCS counterparts. The Church will not allow that.

Bronco received a raise at the beginning of last season, as well as an extension. Rose also received a raise. Bronco makes somewhere around $800-850K now. Rose, I have no idea what he makes.

Coaches Circle is funded by direct donations from fans and private donors. It was originally launched by a direct buy-in from a tiny pool of well-heeled donors and there was a minimum contribution to a member of Coaches Circle, but has expanded to accept contributions from all sides (you just are not a "member" of the Circle unless you meet minimum contribution requirements.

Bronco's salary is derived 100% from Coaches Circle, not from BYU football ticket or TV revenue.

The fact that you know none of this means you are not a very big fan. in which case, Bronco says good riddance to you.

Also, again, staying on point to the original post, what exactly is your point? You seem to be fixated on me showing Bronco who is Boss. Why? The issue of who is Boss was never AT issue. The original post was Bronco wanting fans to prove that they are invested, not Bronco wanting fans to not boss him around.

Sometimes you are very sloppy with your approach. This is one of those times.

how much have you donated to Coaches Circle, btw?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote