View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #45
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I couldn't disagree more. You should always want your team to get into the best bowl possible. Did you know this team is ranked as high as 2004 at a comparable stage in the season? Did 2004 beat any team as good as TCU, OSU or BYU this year? (I'm including BYU because the discussion hypothetically is about whether Utah should want to play as good a team as possible in a bowl game.) Who has Florida beaten of any moment outside of its own crappy conference? Who has USC beaten outside it's own crappy conference except a team from the crappy Big Ten?
I never said that I don't want them to be in the best bowl possible playing the best team possible. I just said that I don't like my chances as much that way and that it makes me a lot more nervous.

And Seattle, you are seriously crazy if you think that this 2008 team is as good as that 2004 team. I like the 2008 team's defense and tenacity...but that 2004 team was one for the ages.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote