View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #20
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
I kind of like New Delhi. It's not bad once you get over the horrible smell that punches you in the face as you get off the plane. However, getting a good steak there is a real bitch. Overall, India is a pretty interesting place.
I agree. We took a ride around the city today. The government buildings are massive and quite impressive.

The beggars are a bit overwhelming. On the way to church today my car was stopped at a light. I turned to the right and had one of those horror movie stunners. In the window appeared, almost out of nowhere, an unkept little boy swinging an atrophied left arm for effect and begging for money. The driver said nothing and I looked away. The boy moved on to the next car. The day was filled with more, yet less dramatic encounters like that. I've lived in a lot of places and traveled to more. I've seen a lot of need, but the magnitude here is very dramatic.

Church was very nice. The Delhi 2nd Branch appears big enough to be a ward. There are two missions in India now (Bangalore and New Delhi) and the missionaries are allowed to tract.

Oh, when I checked in for my flight in Memphis, the ticket agent asked who was going to "Del-hai."

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote