View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #13
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Good call. It was a small seance, so I had to make some cuts.

Carlin always made me laugh.

1. Andy Kaufman: for me, this guy is the king. not only because he was funny, but he was the first guy to really give the finger to fame. One perfect example is his concert at ASU...the students kept begging him to do Latka and he finally get pissed, busts out The Great Gatsby, and proceeds to read the book in its entirely. That was it. that was his show. To me, that is very punk and very hilarious. A real genius because he was doing comedy for himself, whether anyone else got the joke was irrelevant.

2. Lenny: first political/counter culture guy....wasnt afraid to talk about drugs, corruption, getting arrested. It was a refreshing turn of events from the tired old syrupy Rat Pack song and dance routines that were saturating the comedy circuit of the time. Lenny shocked people, but was honest. He made it cool to laugh a bit about our sacred cows....politics, religion, marriage.

3. Rodney: the master of the one-liner, the witty comeback, the pun.

"one time someone stole our car. i asked my dumb wife whether she saw who did it. She said, no but I did get the license plate number."

"during sex, my girlfriend likes to to talk to me. she often calls me from the hotel."
My favorite dangerfield line;

"I get no respect. Even the dog won't hump my leg"