View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #60
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Yeah, you said that a few times. Rather than continuously griping about the debate, how about if you enlighten us for a change?

No. I have already said my piece. We long ago had a very lengthy discussion of nature vs. nurture. In my mind there is a continuum of orientation and I have spelled this out bepore. We have been babbling about this for YEARS on this site. It is like an obssession and I for one am tired of it. When I see someone like ER cougar, who is bright and well-educated, claim Tex was worked after Tex points out that one portion of ER's reasoning was not very rational or scientific (and Tex was spot on in that particualr conclusion), then there is no doubt in my mind that this is not a discussion, it is a bunch of entrenched blowhards refusing to consider the topics honestly or with an open mind, punctuated by SU's carping about my idiocy. (And ER and TEx are just the most recent example, I odn't mean to pick on them.)

Your point that I am being repetitive and non-contributory is valid, however. I iwll do my best to refrain from commenting further on this topic.