View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
can be boiled down to one thing. Is it wrong or not? The "enlightened" ones here don't think so and consider those of us who do backwards. So be it. But whichever side you fall on, if you don't at least understand the position someone is coming from, you will continue to just talk in circles.

I believe homosexuality is wrong. I have no idea if it is nature, nurture, choice, a combination of all of the aboe, whatever. But it really doesn't matter. I don't see it any differently than other challenges, trials, or (gasp) "disabilities" human beings come to this earth and have to face.

I will never say homosexuality is accepted, normal behavior. That does not mean I hate gays or think less of them as children of God. I have compassion for them and thank God I am not in their shoes.

What I do know is that God is both merciful and just and in the end, He wil sort it all out.
You have boiled a complex characteristic in moral terms.

Why not look at the characteristic in the other terms in which it can be analyzed?

First, you identified it as a trait, and connecting it with the activity. For you and me, heterosexuals, it's a difficult trait to understand, it's incomprehensible to us.